Our Water Cart Course will give students the ability to plan and prepare a job for water cart operations, conduct operational checks, transport and haul water safely and efficiently and finally maintain a clear hazard free work area. We will also ensure in depth health and safety training required to safely undertake water cart activities across many construction sites within Australia.
Full Course Details
Our water cart operations course is designed to give students the obligatory health and safety training needed to safely undertake water cart activities across many construction sites within Australia.
Shamrock provide superior quality training in a small class environment and are dedicated to giving each student one-on-one time, which is necessary for the successful completion of this unit of competency.
The training in its current form meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
A water cart is a truck equipped with a tank that has a sprinkler mounted on the front, back and sides. It is primarily used in the construction and mining industries for dust management, soil compaction, road construction and irrigation purposes. Due to Australia’s hot climate, a water cart is essential on all work sites to control dust and prevent workplace hazards.
This training will give students the ability to plan and prepare a job for water cart operations, conduct operational checks, transport and haul water safely and efficiently and finally maintain a clear hazard free work area.
All aspects of this course will be taught through written and practical teachings at our onsite training facility in Brisbane. The course content will include, but is not limited to the following;
- Hazard identification and environmental issues
- Risk assessment and control management
- Safe operating techniques of a water cart
- Routine pre and post operational checks
- Loading, transporting and distribution of water
- Maintenance duties of water cart and equipment
- Traffic management plans
- Personal protective equipment and emergency procedures
- Communication in the workplace
- Documentation relevant to water cart operations
The successful candidate will have the skills to demonstrate the following;
- Identify, monitor and record workplace hazards and environmental issues relevant to water cart operations
- Assess the risks and implement control measures using the hierarchy of control
- Conduct before and after operational checks of the water cart and its equipment
- Operate a water cart across many different work environments to control dust suppression
- Complete water distribution into separate storage tanks
- Understand the characteristics and capabilities of water distribution systems and pumps
- Shut down and safely park the water cart and ensure equipment is secured
- Carry out maintenance duties on a water cart and isolate faulty equipment according to site procedures
- Recognise the various soil types and the importance of compaction due to moisture content
- Implement an effective traffic management plan for safe work practices
- Estimate safe working load and earthwork calculations
- Communicate effectively with all workplace personnel and ensure communication techniques such as two-way radios and hand signals are adhered to
On successful completion of this course, students will have the ability to carry out water cart operations in compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation. Shamrock will issue you with a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment allowing you to operate a water cart on various construction sites across the country.
The guidance and support received from our highly qualified trainers at Shamrock, will ensure you are confidently prepared for all employment opportunities that come your way specifically roles in the construction and mining industries
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Depending on experience our course is run over 2-5 days, face to face at our Training Facility or on site
Course payments can be made via debit card, credit card or direct deposit.
Full payment is required prior to the course start date.
Shamrock Training provides flexible delivery in all courses consisting of classroom based theory learning using a range of methodologies, onsite workplace training and scenario based practical knowledge training. Theory content is always supported by the provisions of practical skills training to enable you to transfer the information learnt in the classroom to a simulated working environment.
Shamrock Training Facility located in Brisbane
We can deliver on our client’s site (provided the required facility & equipment is available and compliant
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Be physically capable of working outdoors, on your feet for up to 6 hours
- Provide photo identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants – are also recommended.
Course Outcomes / AQF Certification
Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency completed will be issued.
See our student handbook for further information on refunds.
Hi-Vis Shirt, Long Pants, Enclosed Footwear, Hardhat, Gloves (all other PPE will be provided).
Why Shamrock Training Services?
- Extensive training offered by our certified instructors
- Classroom based training that includes live videos and demonstrations
- Practical training that meets logbook requirements
- Written and practical assessment tests
- Competency-based assessments
- A nationally recognised certificate
Shamrock Training Services is responsible for and committed to the on-going compliance for all training and assessment conducted. Please see the Student handbook for more information.