Our Front End Loader Course will teach you how to plan and prepare a job for front-end loader operations, conduct all relevant operational checks, operate a front-end loader in compliance with health and safety legislation, attach various types of equipment, transport materials efficiently onto trucks, relocate the loader from site to site and finally ensure a clear, hazard free work environment is maintained.
Full Course Details
The purpose of our front-end loader course is to provide students with the necessary skills and onsite training to safely operate a front-end loader across many different worksites. Our aim is to provide high quality training in a small class environment, giving students the one-on-one training required to successfully complete our front-end loader course.
This training in its current form meets the criteria of the unit of competency requirements.
A front-end loader is a heavy-duty machine consisting of an articulated arm on the front with a bucket attached. It’s primary use in the construction industry is to dig and load materials onto trucks such as asphalt, rock and gravel. In some cases, the bucket can be removed, and various other equipment can be attached depending on the job being carried out making it a more versatile machine across many industries.
This course will teach you how to plan and prepare a job for front-end loader operations, conduct all relevant operational checks, operate a front-end loader in compliance with health and safety legislation, attach various types of equipment, transport materials efficiently onto trucks, relocate the loader from site to site and finally ensure a clear, hazard free work environment is maintained.
All components of this course will be taught by our highly skilled and supportive trainers through written and practical teachings at our onsite training facility in Brisbane. The content will include, but is not limited to;
- Hazard identification, risk management and control implementation
- WHS legislation, codes of practice and company policies and procedures
- Routine before and after operational checks
- How to operate a front-end loader
- Capabilities, characteristics and limitations of a front-end loader
- Various attachments and their functions
- Maintenance of plant and equipment and isolation procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Earthwork calculations
- All forms of communication in the workplace
The successful applicant will have the ability to conduct the following
- Identify, monitor and report potential workplace hazards associated with front-end loader operations
- Assess the risks and implement the necessary control measures to avoid hazards from reoccurring
- Conduct all relevant operational checks including pre-start, start-up and shut down checks
- Complete various tasks using a front-end loader such as stripping materials, backfilling and cutting/boxing.
- Fit and remove various front-end loader attachments and lifting gear
- Maintain plant, equipment and lifting gear
- Detect faults and isolate according to site procedures
- Prepare a front-end loader for relocation between sites
- Effectively communicate in the workplace with co-workers, supervisors and all other personnel
- Ensure proper communication techniques and equipment are in place such as two-way radios, signage and hand signals
- Maintain a clear work environment free from hazard
- Estimate safe working loads for the safe and efficient transportation of materials
- Comply with health and safety legislation and all relevant site policies and procedures
The successful candidate will have the skills and practical experience to carry out front-end loader operations in a safe and compliant manner. Shamrock will issue you with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment that will allow you to work on many worksites across the country
Our highly knowledgeable and flexible trainers will ensure you have the confidence to gain multiple employment opportunities across many industries such as construction, mining and offshore drilling.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Depending on experience our course is run over 2-5 days, face to face at our Training Facility or on site
Course payments can be made via debit card, credit card or direct deposit.
Full payment is required prior to the course start date.
Shamrock Training provides flexible delivery in all courses consisting of classroom based theory learning using a range of methodologies, onsite workplace training and scenario based practical knowledge training. Theory content is always supported by the provisions of practical skills training to enable you to transfer the information learnt in the classroom to a simulated working environment.
Shamrock Training Facility located in Brisbane
We can deliver on our client’s site (provided the required facility & equipment is available and compliant)
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Be physically capable of working outdoors, on your feet for up to 6 hours
- Provide photo identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants – are also recommended.
Course Outcomes / AQF Certification
Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency completed will be issued.
See our student handbook for further information on refunds.
Hi-Vis Shirt, Long Pants, Enclosed Footwear, Hardhat, Gloves (all other PPE will be provided).
Why Shamrock Training Services?
- Extensive training offered by our certified instructors
- Classroom based training that includes live videos and demonstrations
- Practical training that meets logbook requirements
- Written and practical assessment tests
- Competency-based assessments
- A nationally recognised certificate
Shamrock Training Services is responsible for and committed to the on-going compliance for all training and assessment conducted. Please see the Student handbook for more information.