Our Articulated Haul Truck or Moxy Course will teach students how to plan a job for haul truck operations, operate a haul truck over different terrain, conduct routine operational checks, load, transport and dump materials at a designated area, maintain a clear work environment and finally carry out all documentation relevant to haul truck operations.
Full Course Details
The purpose of our articulated haul truck course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely operate a haul truck across many worksites in Australia.
Our highly skilled and flexible trainers offer a comprehensive training plan in a small class setting, giving students adequate one-on-one time for their practical training that’s vital for all onsite work activities.
An articulated haul truck, also known as a dump truck or moxy, is a rigid heavy-duty machine primarily used in the mining and construction industries to transport loose materials such as rock, gravel, dirt and sand.
The truck consists of a dump body on the back, equipped with hydraulic arms that raises at one end to dump the contents out.
This unit of competency will teach students how to plan and prepare a job for haul truck operations, operate a haul truck over different terrain, conduct routine operational checks, load, transport and dump materials at a designated area, maintain a clear work environment and finally carry out all documentation relevant to haul truck operations.
All aspects of this course will be taught through written and practical teachings at our onsite training facility in Brisbane. The course material will include, but is not limited to the following;
- Health and safety legislation, documentation and site procedures relevant to haul truck operations
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control implementation
- Routine operational checks
- Operating and maneuvering a haul truck
- Transporting and dumping of materials
- Capabilities and limitations of a haul truck
- Maintenance duties and isolation procedures
- Safe operating load limits
- All forms of communication in the workplace
The successful applicant will have the skills and capabilities to demonstrate the following;
- Identify and monitor potential workplace hazards and report according to site procedures
- Assess the risks and implement necessary control measures to avoid hazards from reoccurring
- Carry out routine before and after checks to ensure operational systems are in good working order
- Operate a haul truck and manoeuvre back and forward for the safe transportation of materials
- Position a haul truck in line with excavators and any other loading equipment to ensure materials are securely loaded.
- Transport materials to a designated area and position haul truck for the safe tipping of its contents
- Maintain haul truck and report any defects according to site procedures
- Effectively communicate with all workplace personnel and ensure proper use of communication equipment such as two-way radios and signage
- Coordinate haul truck activities with relevant onsite machine operators to ensure efficient hauling of materials
- Comply with health and safety legislation and all other documentation relevant to haul truck operations
On successful completion of this course, students will have gained the necessary skills to carry out haul truck operations in compliance with all obligatory legislation. Shamrock will issue you with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and operator’s card that can be used on all worksites across the country
Our accredited trainers and assessors at Shamrock, will ensure you are confident in your abilities to gain employment across many industries specifically the mining and construction industries within Australia.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Depending on experience our course is run over 2-5 days, face to face at our Training Facility or on site
Course payments can be made via debit card, credit card or direct deposit.
Full payment is required prior to the course start date.
Shamrock Training provides flexible delivery in all courses consisting of classroom based theory learning using a range of methodologies, onsite workplace training and scenario based practical knowledge training. Theory content is always supported by the provisions of practical skills training to enable you to transfer the information learnt in the classroom to a simulated working environment.
Shamrock Training Facility located in Brisbane
We can deliver on our client’s site (provided the required facility & equipment is available and compliant)
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Be physically capable of working outdoors, on your feet for up to 6 hours
- Provide photo identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants – are also recommended.
Course Outcomes / AQF Certification
Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency completed will be issued.
See our student handbook for further information on refunds.
Hi-Vis Shirt, Long Pants, Enclosed Footwear, Hardhat, Gloves (all other PPE will be provided).
Why Shamrock Training Services?
- Extensive training offered by our certified instructors
- Classroom based training that includes live videos and demonstrations
- Practical training that meets logbook requirements
- Written and practical assessment tests
- Competency-based assessments
- A nationally recognised certificate
Shamrock Training Services is responsible for and committed to the on-going compliance for all training and assessment conducted. Please see the Student handbook for more information.